PE AND SPORT PREMIUM
PE and Sports
The government is providing an extra £150 million of annual funding for school sports. The aim of this funding is to improve the Physical Education (PE) and Sports programs offered by primary schools, and is provided jointly by various governmental departments, including Education, Health and Culture, and Media and Sport. Although the funding will be allocated to primary school head teachers, it will be ‘ring fenced’ – this means it can only be spent specifically on PE and sport in schools.
Purpose of Funding
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, though how they do this remains their decision.
In 2023-2024 our funding will be spent on:
• continued participation in inter-school events and Wandsworth tournaments
• promotion of inter house competitions
• a subsidy for disadvantaged children to access sports clubs
• SGSports (alongside support staff) to have responsibility to improve the quality of lunchtime play
• an additional swimming teacher to reduce class sizes and ensure faster progress
• promoting CPD opportunities for teachers though outside professional coaching
• the organisation and running of two sports days
• the purchase of additional equipment
Please click here for details of our 2022-23 review and 2023-24 plan for our allocated PE and Sport Premium.